I am in a parochial mood at the moment. I have just been listening to NewsTalk – an Irish news and current affairs radio programme. They were interviewing Architect and environmentalist Duncan Stuart who presents environmental and eco-friendly housing programmes on Irish television. He had agreed to come on to the program to discuss Climate Change and his recent criticism of the Irish media relating to their even handed approach to the topic of climate change. His argument? Manmade climate change “it’s not about opinion it’s not about belief, it’s fact”. Yes his argument is, there is no argument. Just believe what I say and stop being a denier. He made the usual analogies with holocaust deniers and smoking causing cancer deniers. Those were the more cogent parts of his rant. He crashed and burned. I have never heard anyone self-destruct on radio before. It seems Mr. Stuart intended to use the radio broadcast as a launch pad for a run at a European seat in the upcoming elections, on the platform of Global Warming alarmism. Don’t give up the day job Duncan – oh, too late you have.
Monthly Archives: April 2014
- RT @ValaAfshar: Sir Nicholas Winton rescued 669 children from the holocaust. Some of the survivors surprised him 50 years later. https://t… 6 months ago
- RT @RogerHelmerMEP: Kaja Kallas, PM of Estonia: “Gas might be expensive, but freedom is priceless”. telegraph.co.uk/world-news/202… 7 months ago
- RT @FinancialTimes: Credit Suisse asks investors to destroy documents linked to oligarch and tycoon yacht loans ft.com/content/bfea00… 10 months ago
- RT @gsw41958: #Ukraine https://t.co/zFaB9m9s0W 11 months ago
- RT @mason4922: Odessa, Ukraine in 1942, Odessa, Ukraine today. Two Fascist invasions 70 years apart🇺🇦🌻 https://t.co/MIzQLQQp2w 11 months ago