I am in a parochial mood at the moment. I have just been listening to NewsTalk – an Irish news and current affairs radio programme. They were interviewing Architect and environmentalist Duncan Stuart who presents environmental and eco-friendly housing programmes on Irish television. He had agreed to come on to the program to discuss Climate Change and his recent criticism of the Irish media relating to their even handed approach to the topic of climate change. His argument? Manmade climate change “it’s not about opinion it’s not about belief, it’s fact”. Yes his argument is, there is no argument. Just believe what I say and stop being a denier. He made the usual analogies with holocaust deniers and smoking causing cancer deniers. Those were the more cogent parts of his rant. He crashed and burned. I have never heard anyone self-destruct on radio before. It seems Mr. Stuart intended to use the radio broadcast as a launch pad for a run at a European seat in the upcoming elections, on the platform of Global Warming alarmism. Don’t give up the day job Duncan – oh, too late you have.
April 8, 2014
Duncan Stuart Ha Ha Ha!
About The Septic Sceptic
A Sixty Something with a science/engineering background. Hates junk science and scaremongering self-appointed experts. Seeks error in everything. A staunch defender of the 'Scientific Method'. Author of 'To Kill an Error' a novel approach to Global Warming Scepticism. View all posts by The Septic Sceptic
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 at 8:30 am and tagged with Duncan Stuart, Global Warming, Renewable Energy and posted in Global Warming, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- 2026 is the target for completion of Metro Dublin. Hang on in there! twitter.com/brianymoran/st… 9 months ago
- ...and in 2 years time it will be 100 years since the Irish government first launched plans for a Dublin undergroun… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- RT @WBrettWilson: Assuming the data is correct - read this for context. https://t.co/p7TgNW4yuJ 1 year ago
- RT @MintPressNews: Media reports on protests in #Russia, silent on 100,000s of people in #Yemen protesting US-backed Saudi genocide https:/… 4 years ago
- #GlobalWarmingKidneyStones 'Climate Change may bring more Kidney Stones' wp.me/p2gVv4-6d via thesepticsceptic.com 6 years ago