Sounds like a banner headline for a tabloid newspaper. What does Warren Buffett know about Climate Change and extreme weather? Well quite a lot it would appear. In fact he has made rather a lot of money from this knowledge. In an interview with CNBC Buffett states things very simply “I think that the public has the impression that because there has been so much talk about climate, that events of the last 10 years, from an insured standpoint on climate, have been unusual. The answer is, they haven’t.” Buffett goes on to say that insuring against hurricanes in the U.S. has been a profitable venture in recent years as only a few storms have actually made landfall. This utterly contradicts President Obama’s claims that extreme weather is on the increase and is caused by manmade global warming. If you were to ask me who is the man with his finger on the pulse, I would say it is the one that puts his money, and not the tax payer’s, where his mouth is.
Tag Archives: Warren Buffett
- RT @ValaAfshar: Sir Nicholas Winton rescued 669 children from the holocaust. Some of the survivors surprised him 50 years later. https://t… 6 months ago
- RT @RogerHelmerMEP: Kaja Kallas, PM of Estonia: “Gas might be expensive, but freedom is priceless”. telegraph.co.uk/world-news/202… 7 months ago
- RT @FinancialTimes: Credit Suisse asks investors to destroy documents linked to oligarch and tycoon yacht loans ft.com/content/bfea00… 10 months ago
- RT @gsw41958: #Ukraine https://t.co/zFaB9m9s0W 11 months ago
- RT @mason4922: Odessa, Ukraine in 1942, Odessa, Ukraine today. Two Fascist invasions 70 years apart🇺🇦🌻 https://t.co/MIzQLQQp2w 11 months ago